Delving into Design!
So many possibilities, so many ways to create spaces that provides for hands-on, experiential learning; cultivate positive relationships among people and between people and the environment; and engages students in meaningful fitness. Spaces where our students can challenge themselves and try new things, that through their design, construction, and existence bring communities together and strengthen ties among us…Spaces that cultivate a sense of place and a sense of wonder.
Here are some resources to get your creativity flowing:
- Joe and Shelly’s Outdoor Classroom Design Presentation
- Developing an Outdoor Classroom to Provide Education Naturally
- Wisconsin School Garden Initiatives Pinterest page
- Gardens for Learning: Designing Your School Garden
- Chapter 2—Planning and Establishing Your Youth Garden (VIDEO)
- Horticulture Therapy / Accessible Gardening
- Designing an outdoor classroom to engage the senses
- Outdoor classroom menu
Outdoor classroom design and planning is a fun and useful way to create community amongst the students at your school, parents and other community members. There are a number of ways to involve students, families and community members in the design, planning and construction. Below are some helpful worksheets to help you through the process.
Other websites you might enjoy: